Importance Of Improving Conversion Rate On Your Website?
For marketing people:
- Better returns on investment - it is simply more cost effective than finding new visitors.
- A source or quality leads that can be nurtured into fans for the brand
- A source of Sales Qualified Leads to hand over to the sales department
For sales people:
- Focus on warm leads who have a higher potential to make a purchase
- Close deals faster with leads who are already showing interest in a product
- Lose less time struggling with cold leads who are more costly to convert
Tools for Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
Conversion Rate Optimisation (or CRO) is a set of actions taken to increase the conversion of anonymous website visitors into identifiable individuals to reach some specific sales or marketing objectives.
It is an important area of online marketing that covers multiple disciplines. Below are a few (and not exhaustive) subjects it can cover:
User Experience :- How pages are designed to entice people to engage with your brand
A/B Testing: - Tools to measure the effectiveness of different versions of the same page
Heat Maps and Recording: - Tools to record and visualise how people interact with your pages
Landing Pages: - Pages dedicated to entice your visitors to take some desired actions. For example register for an event.
Lead Tracking & Marketing Automation:- Techniques that measure and automate the process of moving a lead along the marketing and sales funnel through a set of predefined scenarios
While CRO may seem like a daunting project, specially if you are new to it - its worth every Rupee.
If you don't have the expertise or time to go fully into the subject, its still possible to start getting its benefit by follow this simple principle: (1) Study your buyers' profile and what motivates them (2) understand what they are looking for, (3) then adapt your digital content to improve their experience when they interact with your brand online.